• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3rd BRAK3 LIGHT R3VISIT3D

POP3Y3

I recall someone recommeding this one (or one like it) from JC Whitney. Is this one a good choice? Just wire it up to the existing brake light source? Someone had it installed at the top of the window. I am wondering how it would look installed at the bottom.

post-673-13667574383743_thumb.jpg

(o=00=o)

I did the upper mount with the same JC whitney light....pretty easy, and very visible from behind....It's also not really noticable in the rearview mirror....spliced into the brake wire under the rear seat on the driver's side...

Brian

that looks good. the car looks good as well!

(o=00=o)

bdoon that does look good. i think its not so much the light but the install thats important. i bought a hella and when it gets warm super duper bobby cooper is going to glass it into my parcel shelf. otis gave me all the tips but bobbys a pro installer and said hed like to do it for me.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

bdoon that does look good. i think its not so much the light but the install thats important. i bought a hella and when it gets warm super duper bobby cooper is going to glass it into my parcel shelf. otis gave me all the tips but bobbys a pro installer and said hed like to do it for me.

what do you mean by "glass it into parcel shelf"?

(o=00=o)

thanks for the compliment! However....my highmount install is probably not up to the standards of a perfectionist....I've got a 20 footer, so it's not a problem for me... The lamp is not mounted flush with the back glass like you see in today's cars. Because the lamp face is flat and the back window is angled, a flush mounted lamp would point upwards at a 45 degree angle.

I instead took superglue and glued the lamp in place to the window moulding inside the car. That way it points straight back and is level. The glue has held pretty well thus far, and it feels solid! An ideal lamp would have an angled housing so when mounted with the sticky tape on the back the lcd appears to point straight back instead of up or down at an angle....

Peace,

Brian

72inka2.jpg

what do you mean by "glass it into parcel shelf"?

i think it goes something like this.

he makes a form out of rigid styrofoam to hold the 3rd brake light. then stretches jersey cloth over the entire mess to get the shape. then he fiberglasses it and sands and sand and sands. the end result is a nice clean package tray you can cover in your choice of vinyl,carpet or whatever

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com