• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

peteinjp

I'm working on a price comparison between buying a long block includinng T-bodies and buying a complete engine. If I bought this short block and ran it with megasquirt what would I need to find to put it all together? I'll run the m10 starter and alternator. I would need the air box and the down pipe. It has injectors. In terms of little stuff (the kind that adds up) what else is there? at least one coolant pipe

Also what kind of prices for these things?

Here is the list off the top of my head:

megastuff (edis stuff coming from mister tjwinston- thanks!)

header

fan (probably go electric)

airbox

plug wires

oil filter head

oil cooler

2 coolant tubes (what are these for exactly?)

2002 waterpump? Seems similar.

from current m10:

starter

alternator

waterpump pully

oil pan

oil pump

So what am I not thinking about in terms of engine related parts?

i have a good set of plug wires and plenum. ill be done with the plenum after i get my car running with the DTM box. im just running a baffled m10 pan but of course you can modify the stock s14 pan

theres a stock header on s14 now for 100

carl in sacramento has both upper and lower pans cheap

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

biscus is

biscus is what>>>??? the best dog on the planet? yes thank you

ive found its always cheaper in the long run to buy the complete package if all things are equal. the little stuff will kill you if you have to buy it all.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

if you look around something will come up in the 3k range and thats for the whole engine ,trany and harness with ecu .if you can find a wrecked one for 5 or 6k take what you need and part rest out .the s14 guys are aways looking for parts . i would'nt jump right into this (like i did) every little part is 50 or 100 bucks every time it adds up quick .some jackass has blown s14 parts motor he's asking 3000$ for its not worth 500 bucks .so look around good luck

REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM