• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scraping noise from car

SHEN

I just installed another diff because my pinion bearing was bad and since its quieter I now notice a noise that I barely noticed before (i ignored it) but it was there. Its a scraping sound that sounds like its from the center or the rear of the car. It used to be only noticeable when the windows were down but now that I put in another diff which is much quieter I notice it between 20 and about 45 mph. Faster then that and it goes away.

I'm hoping someone else had the same noise and figured out where it was coming from. If you can help me please reply.

You sure the exhuast isn't touching the half shaft? Last time I had a scraping noise from the rear my subframe had rusted through from the inside and kinked one wheel up by a degree or two! Scary as I only realised 1200 miles and two countries away from home.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg