• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frankenstein 2004?

looznutz

Has anybody consider putting an m60 v8 motor in to a 2002? I have being playing with the idea for a while and I thought it might be possible. I might have to do a bit of cutting but I think it is possible. The reason I started thinking about this is because they allready put a v8 into a e30 and I thought why not a 2002? Well what are your thoughts on this? Any Ideas suggestions? Anybody want to donate a carcass for the frankenstein 2004(4 for the 4 liter v8)?

yuck. unless you remove the firewall and set it way back it would be a pig. and it wouldnt handle the torque without major mods. unless you do something like sayther did i think it would be a deathtrap. the e30 is more suited for that if it has to be a bmw. its cheaper to make big straightline power in something american

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

there was a race car 'project' a couple of weeks ago that was a mess-

PERFECT for that sort of thing. You can make whatever you need,

and not feel bad about whacking something savable...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I thought that I saw some guy from Scandinavia doing something like that. He was taking an M5 engine and sliding it into his '02. A Google search might find his web page. The number of photos was sparse, but it sure looked like he knew what he was doing.

If I can locate the site again I'll post it for you.

Dale

San Diego

74 tii

if thats your thing ill bet it wouldnt be too bad. everything else(driveshaft for example) you could send out. money would also have to be your thing. just 2 things

1) do it to a basket case

2) remember the m10 will always be the better engine. even if it doesnt push a car as fast. :-)

-Marty

'73 Atlantik-Hubert-

R 1 3

'-|--|

2 4