• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Euro turn signal wiring

brendang2000

Hi all,

I just bought a new set of euro turn signals today (man they look good), and noticed they are for a one wire 1156 bulb not an 1157 bulb, meaning, I would not be able to have running lights and directionals through them. I was wondering what other people have done to rectify this. I was thinking about putting a different socket in them, I should be able to get one through Au-Ve-Co or someone like that. Any thoughts? Regards, Brendan

'76 Inca, restored to a roundie

UHaul Tap-a-Light's are a quick and easy way to

address this issue.

Yes, this question has been asked before and it

will be again. But, directing someone to simply search

for it, doesn't really work because there are always

new people showing up here. Also, maybe someone has

an unconventional response heretofor not covered.

So, recurring threads.....just like the BMW in the

crusher/shredder.

Jerry

Jerry Curry

Salem, OR

-------------

is to get the appropriate dual-filament bulb and solder/attach two 3-6" wires to the spots of solder at the base of the bulb. These leads will power your blinker (I made this the brighter filament) or running light (dimmer). Connect these new leads to the existing ones from the car (solder, wire nut, tape...). You might have to insulate the prong/spade at the base of the bulb - I used a piece of drinking straw = good for 20 years, so far.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

This is how i elected to install the parking lamp in my units....like BMW did back in the day. You may have to cut and paste the link.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,268960/highlight,earl+myers/

Earl

74 2002Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

This is how i elected to install the parking lamp in my units....like BMW did back in the day. You may have to cut and paste the link.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,268960/highlight,earl+myers/

Earl

74 2002Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

• 4 years later...

Brendan,

I have done this a few times by gently heating up the solder around the socket with a small butane torch, with a bit of twisting it will pop right out. Clean out the remaining solder with a small file. Then, go to auto parts store and buy a two wire socket, solder it or epoxy it in and your'e done with pro results. Took me about an hour for both.

The new socket comes with wires attached, simply connect the two leads from car to the new socket wires. Now you now have turns and running in the same socket/ bulb and do not use the front bulb. Just twist the lock tab on the small front bulb socket/contact and take it out. Oh Yeah....the new socket requires us spec bulbs , dbl filament it think they are type # 1157.