• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice Drive today in shirtsleeves weather

Jim_75Sahara

Thanks to Mike Self for a great drive today. He was troubleshooting my heater blower motor and rooting out rusty spots on my 02. Obvious things like low tire pressure elude me sometimes. I checked them and got them up to pressure w/prodding. Was hoping to have Mike McCarthy bring his 74 Malaga out to join Mr. Self's 73 Sahara (Ludwig) today. Next time Mike. Now I have a nice E30 mirror in place of the 1600-2 mirror I was using. Much bigger and has the day/night lever too.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Sorry Brian. We had a brief window of opportunity and our timing was a bit iffy. I will meet you just about anytime, so let me know & we will get reacquainted, OK? I come down to Cincinnati area quite a bit anyhow.

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

lots of elevation changes, sharp curves and nice sweepers going up and down the Little Miami River valley just south of Waynesville OH. And no, we didn't get Jim's heater motor going--it's well and truly stuck so all we could do is douse it in Liquid Wrench and let it marinate...

Last drive of 2006, but if this el Nino weather continues, SW Ohio is in for a mild and dry winter. Hope so!

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Justin, Mike was showing me that and trying to turn the motor. It was seized. It is soaking now and maybe it'll free up. I don't miss the motor too much except when the inside of the windshield is totally fogged up and won't dry out for anything. Also, w/out the blower, my right foot gets very hot on those cold days with the heater on. It all comes out at my right foot instead of being distributed.

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz