• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

too low or just right?

cowlum

is it the pro kit? And how stiff do they get while turning? aswell as daily driving?

Not sure exactly what you mean by the pro kit! Besides the urethane bushings I installed this summer all the other suspension work was chosen by myself and installed in 1986.

Not sure about now but back then but as I recall there was only set of Eibach springs and one set of Koni shocks available for 2002's. The front shocks are adjustable for stiffness. Simply open the hood and turn the screws located at the top of the shocks. You can go from pretty mushy to rock hard.

There's way more choices available now as far as spring and shock combo's go. I went with the Koni's because the fronts were adjustable and never wear out!

I've got 195/50/15 Bridgestone S-03's which have very stiff sidewalls (and amazing in the rain) but all in all I'm very pleased with the setup I've cobbled together for my daily driver.

Kinda makes me want to go for a drive today but she's all put away for the winter!

post-668-13667572538328_thumb.jpg

post-668-13667572539953_thumb.jpg

1975 - 2002 - Sabine - Jade

2010 Toyota Matrix XR

Remember: RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

you'll bottom your front shocks and the rears, too.

And gawd help ya if ya bottom a rear in a hard corner...

Unless you shorten both, and then life is good.

My street car sits almost that low, and eventually I'm going to hoof it back up 3/4"- frankly, I need the ground clearance!

heh heh

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

someone in the bay area has a mint malaga roundie thats slammed. i have seen it twice at palo alto and its as low as ive seen. looks great to me and i wish i could get mine that low. i spoke to him briefly (forgot his name) and in the back he had cut springs but i forgot what he had up front. i like your stance

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

More free parts :)

They are just some generic toyota mag from the mid 90s i think. The offset is not quite right and requires a spacer in the front.

Ive seen them on many corollas here in NZ.

They are good for now but I do intend to find somthing thats really period.

post-598-13667572576057_thumb.jpg

'Old Blu' the 1974 fjord BMW 2002.

"your my boy blu!"