• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heated front wind screen anyone??

NickVyse

For those people who use their 02 year round I've found a place that will make custom heated windscreens - clears the screen in 20 seconds!

Price is great, if you get paid in pounds. Real problem is delivery. Once again, no problem if you're in the UK:

HEATED SCREEN: £145 (+VAT to UK residents)

DELIVERY TO THE UK: £40

DELIVERY TO EUROPE: £150

DELIVERY TO THE STATES: £250

These last two delivery prices would be the same for one screen as it would for 15, so it would only make sense for a group delivery.

BTW, if you didn't know the Dollar/Pound exchange rate has reached the heady heights of 2 for 1.

Available with a tint/top tint for extra, but they'd have to be all the same.

Is there any interest out there? I need a minimum of 15 orders and will be the first myself.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Nick,

Do you know if they are Laminated?

Regards

Mark

Yes, they are laminated - the fine, almost invisible heating element is sandwiched between the two pieces of glass.

And just in case any body wasn't clear about this - I'm talking about the FRONT SCREEN not the rear.

Bugger!!

Why do these things always come up at the wrong time. If I met sods law in the street I'd kick him right in the nuts!!!

Nick I'm afraid after all the mods my car has just had I'm gonna have to pass.......for now.

P.S. I thought Ford had bought the rights to the heated front screen meaning no one else could use them??? Feckers!!!

Mark

Why do these things always come up at the wrong time. If I met sods law in the street I'd kick him right in the nuts!!!

Nick I'm afraid after all the mods my car has just had I'm gonna have to pass.......for now.

P.S. I thought Ford had bought the rights to the heated front screen meaning no one else could use them??? Feckers!!!

Mark

If Ford have got the rights they've not told this company! I should think this mod could be as important as the right tyre choice when rallying in the Welsh mountains - I'll let you know how I get on as I don't think they'll be 15 people in the UK up for it somehow, but if there's 14 you'll be under pressure - it's Christmas after all, just get your kids a couple of oranges and forget about the Scalextrics ;-)

Cheers, Nick

Here's a picture of a heated screen they produce for a Lotus Elan. Friend of mine has one for his Alpine A110 and had nothing but good things to say about them. Can you imagine a completely demisted screen, edge to edge, top to bottom, in 20 seconds - leaving your heater to concentrate on your toes! Oh, and no more scraping ice off the screen.

By the way, they're type approved in the UK, Europe and North America.

Come on, you can't all have garage queens!

post-149-13667571895335_thumb.jpg

$300 for the glass and another $500 shipped to the US?

I can't stomach that for a new windscreen... Even though i'd love to have one.

I've thought about installing a widescreen TV instead of the windshield. I could just hook it up to my playstation 2 and completly skip doing engine mods and body restoration. ;) I'd save serious amounts on gas too.

But seriously folks.... I probably wouldn't do it if I was the only person getting one because of the $500 shipping charge. That charge goes down somewhat if 10 people buy them though. *shrug*

$500 shipped to the US?

as I said it would only make sense for a group delivery outside of the UK, and then you have the problems of picking them up from wherever they're sent. But that delivery price is for one or 15 screens, makes no difference.

Nick

agreed. $350 would be a little easier to stomach.

But I don't see a lot of people jumping at this... the other thing is that a lot of guys on this board are much further west in the US than I am, and i'm guessing that the $500 shipping is ton *one* location only.

Judging from our west-coast contingency, that one location would more than likely be somewhere in California, so the east-coasters interested would still need shipping across the country again...

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

But I don't see a lot of people jumping at this...

I think that should read "I don't see a lot of people in the USA jumping at this..." - this is the WORLD wide web after all!

The exchange rate screws any imports to you guys anyway. However, once I'm flush again I'll be able to buy a few goodies from you guys over there - makes it virtually half price so long as you can get the bits into Europe without paying hefty import duties.

But I don't see a lot of people jumping at this...

I think that should read "I don't see a lot of people in the USA jumping at this..." - this is the WORLD wide web after all!

The exchange rate screws any imports to you guys anyway. However, once I'm flush again I'll be able to buy a few goodies from you guys over there - makes it virtually half price so long as you can get the bits into Europe without paying hefty import duties.

Right, apologies there.

Although, being in the southeast US, I dont have much to worry about in the world of iced-over windscreens.

Must be nice for you guys when our dollar is worth crap. Maybe thats why i'm always broke...

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog