• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smashed into a lifted Jeep on Halloween

DakarDoug

No damage to the Jeep but lots to my 2002. The radiator is pushed into the engine fan and the whole front is smashed. Sad thing is that I only had the radiator for a week before getting in the accident. The problem is that the car is in Italy and parts are hard to find as well as reputable body shops. Anyone have a good grille and kidney they want to part with or know someone who is selling one or even the cheapest part stores that carry new grilles?

post-661-13667571356457_thumb.jpg

post-661-13667571357494_thumb.jpg

post-661-13667571358537_thumb.jpg

Walloth and Nesch has whole front end clips Shipping should be cheap since you live in Europe. Now the fun part is finding a body shop to do the work in Italy.

http://www.wallothnesch.com/e/framewelcome.htm Click on spare parts, then body work, then 1502-2002 turbo and body parts will pop up.

Good luck and keep us posted on the status.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Ben, it is all out of pocket. Still brings a tear to my eye. I am going to have it fixed and all of the rust spots repaired and then the whole car repainted. I priced new grilles but they are about $700 including the kidney. How is your babe running?

She's running strong. I got the bumper back on and sessioned over Aguajito to get some bumpy corners in, then a high speed run (about 110), and all bolts are holding tight. But $700 for new grills...good grief. I know I've seen good sets for about $300 on ebay. One of the slats came out on mine and I've been meaning to fix it...last time this happened I used a straightened coat hanger and some JB Weld and got it back on pretty darn close to flush.

Guest Anonymous

I have a set of grills, not the center though. They are in nice shape but one would need to have the bezel from yours tacked onto it as it is missing, not a big deal though. I would like $100 for the set.... hogpie1@hotmail.com

To everyone who buys or is even looking to buy new grille sets, make sure you ask the owner/seller if they have a gun. When they ask why, tell them it's because they are trying to rob you.

On the other hand, I cannot see why, even the later plastic ones, the grilles are so damn expensive. The best price I have seen for the earlier models is $295 for one (without the black slats) and that was at 2002AD. Everyone else needs to get a grip. I can tell you for sure these things aren't made out of 14K gold!

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg