• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

oil gauges issue

esty

t_gauge_121.jpg

VDO oil pressure gauge....connected supplied wire from "S" to sensor..."+" to a switched, hot lead and "-" to ground..

when i turn the ignition on and or start the car the gauge pegs out and stays that way...i tried reversing the + and - wires because somewhere in my mind, i recall reading that might correct it....to no avail

any ideas?

That's the wrong sender. Get the one designed to be used with a guage(with matching pressures for the guage). The one you pictured is for an idiot light.

Cris

post-178-13667571306945_thumb.jpg

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

That's the wrong sender. Get the one designed to be used with a guage(with matching pressures for the guage). The one you pictured is for an idiot light.

Cris

thanks chris...i have one like you pictured but assumed because one wire goes to sender, i should use the sender with just one spade...

the one you pictured...why 2 terminals...one for pressure gauge...one for idiot light, as mentioned above?..

thanks for the pic

Do you have the dual oil pressure sensor? The one with both an idiot light and gauge connection? If so you have the S on the wrong terminal.

no sir...here's the one i have...i have a new one that i got with the gauge...i'll try it another day...my old one could have gone south on me

This looks more like a oil temp sender.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Someone may know for sure but I think it is a M12 on the OE sender.

Your dual post sender is probably a M10 but you should check to make sure. Take a spare M12 stud/M10 nut and see if they fit.

Make sure the ohm range of sender matches the gauge. You should be using a 150 lb. gauge. Don't use teflon tape.

Call egauges.com or another vendor and they sell you a bushing with the banjo bolt.

post-466-13667571376311_thumb.jpg

Colin K.

Malaga '72 tii