• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to clean inside of Fuel Tank?

Greengerms

I used marine clean a POR product. then poured in some of the metal ready then the sealant. worked very well. best to do when weather is nice, at least 70 degrees outside. Has to be the best repair i have done in a while.

if you tank is real bad in side i heard some folks put a chain in side and shake the tank to break up the stuff inside and rinse accordingly.

my tank was not that rusted so i did not have to go that route.

FO 2573825

1971 2002, 5-OD, Recaro SE, BBK, 90Amp Alt, Turbines, VDO, Hellas, BD belts, LED Tails, 10 Foot DD

when I get around to it, I'm taking it to a radiator shop who said they could 'boil it out' like they do radiators. can't remember the price, but it was cheap... seemingly well worth such a potentially nasty and hazardous job.

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

I had an old guy tell me he used to clean out the rust on Model T and A Ford gas tanks with rocks. Said he filled them up with a bunch of rocks and shook them around some...guess it works....but considering this isn't the depression era anymore and most are not looking to save a buck like back then, I'd much rather just buy a new one....I think it's a much safer thing to do....

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT