• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MegaSquirted ITB's running!

johnhup

Its finally running! After a few weeks of banging my head I figured it out! I put a 1k ohm resistor in between Pin 24 (tach signal) and the negative end of the coil and poof, it runs! After tuning it for a few minutes it drives pretty well. Contrary to popular belief I get a great MAP signal from combing all 4 runners into one. I even had no problem downshifting from 3rd to 2nd at 3500 RPMs. No starvation or hesitation. The thing sounds like a monster and it its instantly responsive (although there is slight hesitation from off-idle due to how side-drafts/ITB's work). I have a great solution which I am going to post later if it works.

Anyway, thank you to everyone who helped me during this process. I will have pictures and video up shortly.

forum-sig.gif

Well considering it isnt completely tuned, I'd still say its badass. I turn the key, it clicks to life and just idles flawlessly and quietly. It seems a lot more mellow and relaxed at idle then when it was carbuerated.

Besides that, once my foot is in it, it roars and puts you in your seat pretty quickly. Im sure its only going to get better as I tune it further. I still need to drive around and log it to so where my lean and rich spots are.

forum-sig.gif

Fun when it runs after all the work.

The off idle hesitation should be fuel map tuneable, as EFI does not react at all like a carb. From experience, I would be sure the fuel map above the idle speed cells is rich enough and when the throttle is opened and MAP jumps up, fuel will be there immediately w/o the delay like a carb. Not much throttl pump setting enrichment is needed once the fuel map is on target.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Actually what I have found that with ITB's the MAP jumps from 50 kPa to near 100 when I just slightly open the throttle off idle. So I think I will setup my accel enrichment to run based more on MAP then TPS. I already have my VE rich in that area but it still feels like it wants more.

This is all speculation at this point but I think I am onto something.

forum-sig.gif

Right now I just have them T'd together and I am reading between cylinder 2 and 3. Soon I will be trying a number of different ideas including making a nifty reservoir and trying some other dampening tricks I picked up on the MegaSquirt forums. It also helps changing the MAP sensors lag factor. I am getting pretty good results so far.

post-1147-13667571120618_thumb.jpg

forum-sig.gif

Right now I just have them T'd together and I am reading between cylinder 2 and 3. Soon I will be trying a number of different ideas including making a nifty reservoir and trying some other dampening tricks I picked up on the MegaSquirt forums. It also helps changing the MAP sensors lag factor. I am getting pretty good results so far.

i suggest using an inline fuel filter and noting the difference

..and I also do not own a BMW 2002.

SWEET!! You have just given me some inspiration to finish my Mega ITB project!! I'll have to go and find all your posts through your struggles and keep them handy when I try to start it up. Right now i'm just waiting on getting my car to where I live and then getting my 36-1 trigger wheel on the pulley and then getting the EDIS setup and the rest finished up. I'm hoping to have it running by the end of winter! I didn't get to drive it at all last year during the good months, so i'm a bit eager!!!

Congrats and keep us updated on your testing!

Bryan

red73

73' 2002 "red"

66' 2 Door Cortina GT

http://mk1cortinasearch.blogspot.com/