• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

for all you model fans - Alpina Lauda driven car

NickVyse

They are made by Trofeu Models. They also have a couple of more different liveries available, plus a couple of factory stock models.

I've been wanting to buy them to add to my die-cast '02 collection (I have over 50 from 1:100 scale to 1:18 scale), but they are not available from U.S. vendors and shipping from the Old World is too expensive.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

They are made by Trofeu Models. They also have a couple of more different liveries available, plus a couple of factory stock models.

I've been wanting to buy them to add to my die-cast '02 collection (I have over 50 from 1:100 scale to 1:18 scale), but they are not available from U.S. vendors and shipping from the Old World is too expensive.

If it would make it in any way easier, I was planning on grabbing one for myself. I could order 2 and post you one over for slightly less than crazy money? Just a thought.

i want it I want it I want it!

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without

Dumb question, but why do people put what looks like electrical tape over the headlights?

In case there is a slight tap they wont shatter glass all over the course.

'91 Mitsu Galant VR-4 #1439/2000 + '76 2002 Laguna Seca Blue-ish 4 speed. Hip to be square.

2002galantsigdi7.jpg

If it would make it in any way easier, I was planning on grabbing one for myself. I could order 2 and post you one over for slightly less than crazy money? Just a thought.

That would be great! Let me know how much $$ you need and I'll send it to you ASAP. I can do Paypal if it's convenient for you.

Thanks!!!

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

to add to my die-cast '02 collection (I have over 50 from 1:100 scale to 1:18 scale), but they are not available

Sorry to hijack the thread, but

Harry, do you by any chance have any pictures of your collection on display??

Here's a couple of crappy cell phone pics of the ones at my office. I'll try to take pictures of the ones I have at home and will post them over the weekend.

(Let me try this again.....)

post-90-13667571088756_thumb.jpg

post-90-13667571089821_thumb.jpg

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Hi Harry,

Very Nice. I also see you've got a copy of the 3.5 CSL I lust after in your collection - damn. Have you ever seen a 74-76 US 2002 model (with the extended alum bumpers)? I'd like to mod a model to look like my own ride, but every 02 model is see is either turbo or early/euro bumpered.

Tom (aka visionaut)

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

This might be old news to the model collecting crowd, but I've not seen one before.

bmw61[ekm]583x300[ekm].jpg

http://www.racingmodels.co.uk/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&productid=3142

I am seriously interested in one. I have bought from overseas vendors and will start looking for a source right now. Unless you are willing to bump that order number to three:)

John

Cars - I'll look in the driveway and let you know later.

Hi Harry,

Very Nice. I also see you've got a copy of the 3.5 CSL I lust after in your collection - damn. Have you ever seen a 74-76 US 2002 model (with the extended alum bumpers)? I'd like to mod a model to look like my own ride, but every 02 model is see is either turbo or early/euro bumpered.

Tom (aka visionaut)

Hey Tom,

You could modify AutoArt's Schwarz 2002 Lux squarie in 1/18 scale and add the big bumpers. Maybe someone who is a plastic kit enthusiast can make the big bumpers out of resin. Those guys do amazing stuff. I, on the other hand, no longer have the patience level required to build those plastic kits.

By the way, there are some vendors on German Ebay that sell modified Auto Art and Anson 1/18 scale '02's. Not cheap, but they do great work. I've seen the same Alpina posted above by Nick done by them on 1/18 scale.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Guest Anonymous

http://www.minibimmersusa.com/2002racingcars.htm

...I've since picked up another variation on the theme of the Trofeau BMW 2002 in 1:43rd, namely an all-white touring racer with the soft Alpina flares with perhaps a single corner painted green in the style of a racing Alfa Romeo GTA. Very tasty...

If no one has caught it yet, there is another 1:43 Minichamps BMW 1600 color that is out and about. Painted Florida (a very pale green), it is showing up on eBay and should be in the hands of regular hobby retailers soon.

It would be a fun and challenging project to do safety bumpers from scratch. Plating wouldn't be strictly necessary, as I believe spraying them with Alcad would likely be more effective. I'd like to repaint an Auto Art tiiL to match my own car, irrespective of the fact that I'd lose the photoetch '2002' detail on the back. Best regards...

Mike K.

'74 '02 Malaga on grey and perhaps 30 scale '02's, E9's and Senior Six sedans.