• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ISO: Transmission Rebuilder on the West Coast

David_Olson

I am looking for a transmission rebuilder on the West Coast to rebuild the four-speed for my '74 2002tii. I'm looking for significant proven experience.....a real expert. I plan to replace syncros, bearings, and the gear set to get a transmission with minimal gear noise. My car is totally stock and I want to return it to OEM specs.

David Olson

206 953-9520

dolsonaia@hotmail.com

Sweet '73 2002 Fjord Driver

I think David Lumbra did the box in my race car-

it's survived 3 seasons and still does its job without complaint.

And it's still the easiest- shifting 4- speed I own.

Which isn't insignificant.

Having said that, your best bang for the buck is going to be

to have a later tranny freshened-

new big bearings, synchros and seals in a good rebuildable box go 98% of the way for about 15%

of the money of the parts you name...

Me, I'd find a good used 5- speed, put MTL in it, and spend the money elsewhere. But that's me.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Ok, that's funny-

I posted before I saw David's reply!

I STILL say he did a good job on the box in the race car

(Mike Robertson owned it back then...)

Toby

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Hi,

I recommend Rick Haner of Hanerhaus, in northern california - Oroville area I believe. He is "old school" and good to work with. My bet is that he will fix you up. I have a transmission there now and have other references...

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!