• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

City Lights...

ponyboy

Ok, so I bought a pair of the lights on ebay, the diamond cut headlights with H4 bulbs and it also has city lights in them. The wiring fir the city light on each bulb is two wires, ground and positive. Where would the ideal place to wire these into be? I would like to have them hooked up since they are there. I will post pictures of them on and off and also the lights so people will know how the lights from ebay look on the 2002. I think the lights look very cool since I took them out of the box, a modern touch to my 1970 2002. As soon as somebody has a good idea of how I can hook up the city lights, I will wire them in!

I recently put relay and fuse systems on both high and low beam, so my hi/lo beam switch would not get hot anymore and smoke. That being done, these headlights should wire in perfect...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=320028036961&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Thanx, Lance

Lance Jones... my name

1970 BMW 2002 ...my car

www.myspace.com/lancejonesmusic ....my music

On NA cars(Noth American) the front corner lenses are a directional flasher and a running light. Just tap into the running light wire for power to the city lights.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

i like those...was wondering how the pattern is compared to e-code lamps. look forward to your report.

Yowza! those are some high wattage lamps it comes with! your new wiring with the relays may be able to handle them but with a standard DOT shot-gun dispersement of the light beam make sure you have them positioned so as to not to blind oncoming traffic. May be a bit too much.... you may have to get standard wattage... mine are standard wattage but with Hella e-code lamps, still a great improvement.

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

Anyone considering this type of headlamp upgrade should do some careful research and make sure you know what you are getting.

I am personally very sceptical about the quality of this product and the claims made in the Ebay listing.

Here is what Daniel Stern has to say about HID style conversions... http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

(Apologies for raining on your parade... )

were not talking HID... these are an H4 conversion like the Hellas but with a reflector to spread the light beam rather than a refracting lens.

True though, you can get good or poor quality when it comes to these... over on the Vintage Mustang forum some folks that have used some cheap ones were not happy with them. Others have tried the similar 'tri-bar' ones from some reputable suppliers and have liked them. I just want good quality photometrics... a standard 55/60 lamp in a quality fixture will outperform an el cheapo fixture with a high wattage bulb and will blind everyone else to boot.

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

I am pretty sure the european "city light" is meant to illuminate the car when in the city with headlights off. When the headlights are on, the city lights are not powered. If you were to take the power from the parking/running lights wouldn't the city lights be on all the time both when the headlights were on as well as off? Could be wrong...just a thought. At least that is the way I remember it when I was stationed in Germany.

Earl

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell