• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What next?

Jack

Okay, 32/36 has been re-jetted ala CD's prescrip, initial set-up (lean best idle and mixture) from Pierce Manifolds (checked and rechecked), fuel pump pumps sufficient qty (McCartney), TDC ok, new 92 octane gas, XR 3000/PS60, clean plugs. I'm manually operating the choke and gas and I can barely keep it running and it won't idle. In fact it doesn't particularly like to start. I do have to readjust linkage to allow WOT which it currently won't, but other than that...what next? Sure would like to go for a drive today.

Easiest way to check for a vac leak is the good ol eyeball, spend some time and go over everything. Next, while it's running, get a can of starter fluid and give a small shot of it at the base of the intake tubes at the head. do the same at the carb linkage. you're listening for the engine to pick up speed. give a small shot near the air filter and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Life's a garden baby, dig it.

My web album

75 Fjord

73 RHD Targa

All jets are new and all passages are cleaned out. I did find that my Accelerator pump jet is not quite right. The plunger is stuck in the down position and will not free up. I've ordered a new one but that shouldn't come in to play trying to get it just to idle smoothly or at all. No sign of a vac leak. everything is tight on the carb and the base. Mech adv dist so no vac lines to the carb and those to the intake are new tubing and tight.

BTW, this carb has the 12mm riser gasket on it. Does it need to be there? It kinda cocks the linkage rod a lot. If I can pull it, it will give me a better "level" set to the accel linkage rod.