• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kick panel speaker mounts - Home Depot special

future_assassin

Was at home depot and found something called No Calk Plastic Base for roofs. Which looked like a perfect kick panel mount for a 4" mid speaker.

After some cutting and drilling I got a rough (for now) looking kick panel speaker mount/box. Looks kinda rough in the photos but looks alright from inside the car.

I'll repost more tomorrow as it was too late to install the speakers today.

Photos

kick_03.jpg

kick_02.jpg

kick_01.jpg

bmw2002.ca - Want a powered by Gmail you@bmw2002.ca e-mail? Contact me for a free account.

iRoxy.ca Canadian small business web hosting services

Get it pointed towards the ears. Much better high end response...

DLM

Well its pointing more towards the passager side but because of the hood leaver, which I had to bend, I cant orient it that way.

bmw2002.ca - Want a powered by Gmail you@bmw2002.ca e-mail? Contact me for a free account.

• 2 months later...
these pics no longer work. were they taken down? sorry for the thread bump, im just trying to get ideas for my stereo install.

Hi

I just moved so haven't had time to plug my server baack in. You can also see the photos here http://www.bimmerimage.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=9

Couple more photos

kick_05.jpg

kick_04.jpg

id work on sealing up the backside for some tighter midbass. other than that, neat idea! you could get some spare matching carpet and upholster the sticking-out part, too,,,,, or, not, as that actually looks pretty decent with the way it meets the edge of the speaker... ;)