• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 Mecca?

BillyRay

I just returned from a long 2 week vacation all over Northern Ca and I only saw one 02! The car I saw was a silver square light car at the Eastern entrance of Jedediah Smith Redwood National Park. FWIW, I saw just as many 356's! Drive them thangs!

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt

I live here and I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen another 2002 on the street in the last year or so (not counting at the autocross event a few weeks ago). I'm always amazed at the number of people who post on here who live within 20-30 miles of me. I guess I'm just never at the right place at the right time to see my fellow 02ers.

you should have swung south to the bay area, sometimes 02s line the streets here. I spotted a brown crested Alpina in south berkeley just the other day - I got pretty close without scaring it away, and it looked original!

'70 project

Amazing, VaderDave, El Dorado Hills? I remember when that was nothing but cow pasture. Not anymore, Damn! Mercedes dealership? WTF?!?!? I spent 2 days in the Bay area, not one sighting. I expected more 02's. I saw quite a few classics though, especially up in Mendocino, nice town, I could have stayed a few more days with the weather so nice on the coast. Heatwave? No way, 113 in Sac is nothing compared to 95 in Chattanooga,TN!!! I would move back there if y'all didn't want half a Mil for a single wide on 5 acres!!!

Atlanta? What's going on in Atlanta?

Professionals are predictable; it's the amateurs you have to watch out for, you never know what they are gonna do!

Murphy was a Grunt

Where exactly did you visit? You pose an interesting question in the meantime: how many on this forum are using their Northern California 2002s as daily drivers? Put me down as one (more 2000 than 2002).

i drive a '75 02 daily between marin and oakland when it's not raining (i've got an 18 yr old Accura legend grocery-getter for rain). i've put 8000 miles on it since last year. love it. i've probably seen half a dozen 02s on the freeways in that time.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

last week most daily drivers were parked as people chose to drive their A/C equipped car, myself included. The crusher and smog laws (for 76's) have claimed a few in the last 5 years, I don't see as many on the road either.

Hosting provided by FotoTime

FAQ Member # 91