• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Megasquirt blog posts

Great! I love these right ups. I slowely collecting parts for my FI project. What are you going to use for a pump.

Actually, the pump is one of the things that I still have to figure out.

I 'll either go with the E30 (or E36) in tank pump, or an external Bosch.

I'm sort of thinking that it would be good to splurge on a new fuel pump rather than used, which would mean external.

The in-tank pumps are about half the cost of external for some reason. I haven't taken the sender out of the tank yet to see if there is an easy way to splice an in-tank pump in there. That may be the way to go.

73 Riviera Daily driver 2002 - MS, 9.5:1, cam, LSD

Great! I love these right ups. I slowely collecting parts for my FI project. What are you going to use for a pump.

Actually, the pump is one of the things that I still have to figure out.

I 'll either go with the E30 (or E36) in tank pump, or an external Bosch.

I'm sort of thinking that it would be good to splurge on a new fuel pump rather than used, which would mean external.

The in-tank pumps are about half the cost of external for some reason. I haven't taken the sender out of the tank yet to see if there is an easy way to splice an in-tank pump in there. That may be the way to go.

Go new, Or what I did and "almost" new, happed to have a car that had a 3 month old pump in it. In tank pumps are nice, but you have to lengthen the pickup on them

What are you using for a TPS? I was under the impression that E30 TPS's only showed wide open and closed. I'm currently working w/ a Ford Contour TB. I had a bitch of a time making an adapter plate, as I don't have access to proper tools. I did it though! It would be nice to do a clean install using BMW parts and am curious what you are planning to use for a TPS. Maybe the Volvo 850 TPS that everyone seems to be using?

Current: 1974 BMW 2002, 2004 VW R32, 2009 Infiniti FX35, & VW Eurovan Camper

Previously: 1970 BMW 2002, 1996 VW GTI, 1984 VW GTI, 1984 GTI

What are you using for a TPS? I was under the impression that E30 TPS's only showed wide open and closed. I'm currently working w/ a Ford Contour TB. I had a bitch of a time making an adapter plate, as I don't have access to proper tools. I did it though! It would be nice to do a clean install using BMW parts and am curious what you are planning to use for a TPS. Maybe the Volvo 850 TPS that everyone seems to be using?

I am using a GM TPS because it was the cheapest one that I could find that turned the right way for my TB $25.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8047099876

I havn'e adapted it yet, but plan A is to bust open the Bosh Throttle position *switch* that came with the TB, since it fits and seals perfectly. Then I will use the backing plate from that as the adapter for my new TPS.

A question about your choice of Throttle Plate. Does the 325 one bolt up to the 318 intake without adaptation, or do you need to fab a plate?

I have to fab an adapter. In fact, the pattern is annoyingly close, such that I think i'll have to pull the studs, use countersunk screws to hold the adapter plate on, then install the studs into the adapter. (offset slightly from the old stud position)

steve

how are you going to splice the pump into the fuel line? i assume you are using some new steel fuel line to deal with the higher pressure? what type of line are you planning on using, just the good ol' pepboys/autozone/advance special or some line from the bimmer dealership?

and again, love finkbuilt.com. the homemade nelson ball clock rocks!!

brad.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

how are you going to splice the pump into the fuel line? i assume you are using some new steel fuel line to deal with the higher pressure? .

I am planning to do what Zenon did with his, and just swap the supply/return lines. Use the current steel return line as the feed line, and use the plasitc line as the return, but If I feel ambitious I will run a second leg of steel. not sure about pump location yet.