• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Injection Question!!

Okay, my 76 will be painted by next week, time for the next thing! I,ve got the entire 318i setup but will be using a Haltech F10X for the brains. I was just wondering if the stock throttle body and fuel injectors will be enough for the 2.0 or do I have to get others that flow more. My engine is a bone stock 76 that will that has been de-smogged.I am not really looking for more horsepower, just better driveability and maybe some more fuel economy. Oh, and I plan to add a Tii exhaust soon. Any information will be great, Thanks!

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

Well, if you really don't want more power, then sure, they'll be fine- the 318 did a little better than the 2002. It's not a very big throttle body, though- and I think the injectors are pretty small, too. If it was mine,

I'd find a slightly bigger injector so that I only had to do the maps once.

That's easy- and cheap, if you can scrounge junkyards.

I'd run the stock tb at first- that'll take more work and more money, and you wouldn't have to remap if you wanted to change it later.

just my '02

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Well, if you really don't want more power, then sure, they'll be fine- the 318 did a little better than the 2002. It's not a very big throttle body, though- and I think the injectors are pretty small, too. If it was mine,

I'd find a slightly bigger injector so that I only had to do the maps once.

That's easy- and cheap, if you can scrounge junkyards.

I'd run the stock tb at first- that'll take more work and more money, and you wouldn't have to remap if you wanted to change it later.

just my '02

t

The 318 used either 165 or 185cc/min injectors. Go here http://www.witchhunter.com/injectordata1.htm with the numbers off the injectors to find what you have. The 3.0 liter engines 1.5 x 2.0 liters used 230 cc/min injectors. I run 205s with 45mm ITBs and never reach the .85 duty cycle.

You won't have to remap if you are using the Map basis for mapping. If the TB is actually small and I don't think it will be if your WOT MAP pressure is about the same as ATM (MAP before you fire up) then the TB is good enough. Remember, you are only feeding air to one cylinder at a time! (theoretical air flow at 6500rpm is about 230 cfm). Once you are mapped good with the small TB, just ratio up the PW from the max pressure with the small TB to 104kPa and straightline the in-between points and the engine will be fueled for the new TB.

I ran a F10 for a while, then a Tec2 now a Tec3

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.