• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why this board is so great. Thank you, KFunk

InkaSteve

When I got my nose tweaked by a very high SUV bumper.

Ouch!!

t_before_fix_208.jpg

KFunk offered to send me an extra grill he had. Even though he was going through some difficult employment issues, he was not expecting anything in return, even shipping. I did respond with a "donation" to thank him for his generosity.

The result of his generosity..

Bfestbanner008.jpg

Looks a lot better don't you think.

Thanks Kevin, I hope I can return the favor someday. Or "Pay it Forward".

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Good to see the pic of the difference, I hate seeing such beautiful cars with an ugly flaw.

It's really nothing, it was in the trunk of my car for some reason when I bought it. I never got the chance to thank you for your "donation," but it was really appreciated as things keep adding up for me until other things work out.

I've recently been paid back way more by someone else on the forum. I'm not sure if he still hangs out on this forum, but a huge mahalo goes out to 'tolosad.' While its been bugging me so much to not finish the suspension on my car, he just happened to find a set of 23mm (susp. tech. he thinks) sways in his garage, and he just gave them to me! They just needed a little painting and a couple bushings, and I was good to go! Got them on the car just in time for an autocross, in which I had a lot of fun while cornering perfectly flat.

I'm really happy with the way the car is coming together now, and I've just been out cruising town a lot.

And of course, giving away things like that is always my pay forward for all the things that have been given generously to me before.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Great Karma for you KFunk

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Agree with the Pay it Forward idea.

I have helped out a few people. Basically it was just me giving up a part that I ~really~ didn't need at the time and getting it to someone who ~really~ had the need. Help out when you can and as you can. Don't feel guilty about when you are unable to help.

2002 "Carma" points are a good thing.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes