• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BIMMERFEST registration reaches 1020 cars, 26 of them 02's

InkaSteve

**** hammer.gifhammer.gifIT'S BIMMERTIMEhammer.gifhammer.gif ****

bimmerfest_2006_banner.gif

........................... Click here to Link to FAQ Bimmerfest Thread ........................

And still two weeks to go. 2364 people registered. Great event for any Bimmer enthusiast. Only had about ten 02's there last year, looks like a much better 02 turn out this year.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Steve,

I sent an email a couple of months ago to the Bimmerfest organizers asking that pre 76 BMW's park together instead of being scattered throughout the event like last year. They said they were receptive to that. I haven't heard anymore on that, have you? This would have the NK, E3, E9, & 1600/2002'S parked together instead of being parked next to the E46 crowd with their 22" bling bling rims and stereo/video systems that cost more than our cars. You remember, am I right on that one...

G-Man

http://www.bimmerfest.com/events/2006SB/2006sb.php

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

My problem with BimmerFest last year was Jon's definition of a "Classic" BMW. Hence my post in their classic forum on what is a classic car. Notice the LACK of responses.

To me, any pre-WWII BMW is a "Vintage BMW". Any BMW made after WWII that is not a 1,3,5,6,7,8,X, or Z series is a "Classic BMW". However, the BMWVCCCA has set 25 years or older as being allowed into their club.

Last year at BimmerFest, a 1988 ///M5 received 'Best in Show' for the classics. I really take issue with that. (angry icon smiley face here) I refuse to have to park next to anything newer than InkaSteve's Cheeto.

~Vroomer

1969 BMW 2002

1972 BMW 3.0 CS

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

2007 Jeep Wranger X with all the trimmings

Now, on the same forum, post a question about clear turn signal lenses and see how many replies you get. :^)

How many cars?!!!!

I might like to go just to see the logistics work out for this one.

I hate to say it, but there will be a high percentage of drivers there with more money than skill or common sense. I hope the stupid few don't ruin it for the many.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

They are receptive to a Classic section. I think they will use 30 years as the cut-off. Therefore, all 1600/2002s, NKs, Bavs, E3s and E9s and some early E12s will be included.

This year, unlike the past, Bimmerfest is not free. It will cost $10 per car. It's still cheap and worth it.

I haven't decided which car to bring yet.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

i'm going to be driving up from LA, any other 02'ers coming from here? i wanna caravan with everyone, but i dont wanna be the only 02 amongst the new bmw's that are doing the "official" caravan from balboa park.

i'm going to be driving up from LA, any other 02'ers coming from here? i wanna caravan with everyone, but i dont wanna be the only 02 amongst the new bmw's that are doing the "official" caravan from balboa park.

Pierre usually has a group of '02s that comes up from LA area. He is in Camarillo. I am sure he will add his 02 cents worth as plans develop.

keep tuned in,

Steve

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

cool, that sounds good. im in eagle rock, i dont know if you're familiar with the area, but its about 5 minutes west of pasadena. if we dont hear of anything within the next couple of weeks, then email me ntolosa12@yahoo.com, we could defenitly plan something.

The Caravan will leave Camarillo at 7:00 AM.

Take the Las Posas exit off the 101, take a right at the exit, and a left at the next light. That's the McDonald's parking lot.

Please get here before 7:00, fill your tank, get some coffee, empty your bladder and be ready to split at 7:00.

This will be a leasely cruise, obeying speed limits and the laws of the road. The CHP will be out hunting and we will not be their prey. M3s will blast by. We'll wave.

Email me if you have any questions.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam