• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Those into detailing...How to get the deep paint color back

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My car is verona red, but over the past couple of months it has begun to lose its nice real red color in favor of a more oxidized red looking color. I have a porter cable, which I have successfully used, but I was wondering what sort of products I should use to get the deep red color back. If anyone is into detailing please let me know.

Try the following: Wash car and dry, remove emblems, 2 applications Zymol HD Cleanse, 1 application Zymol wax (with buffer), 1 application Zymol concours wax by hand, put emblems back on. Will take hours but you will be amazed. I did the same treatment to my Alpina B9 and the result was so good that I decided not to paint it.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

worthy of the product.

The HD cleanse, as Tim says, does an amazing job of cleaning old paint and road residue. I saw one of their reps give a demo at Tech Fest and removed scratches from a black hood with HD cleanse!

It even smells good.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

If the Zymol method does not work for you, look up Color sanding. In a nutshell you wet sand the area with very fine sandpaper ... 2000 or 1200 and then use Glasurit Cutting compound (toothpaste consistency). After the Glasurit you dry the area off, it will be very dull but after you apply your preferred wax coating the finish will turn out with a mirror shine.

Do a search on 'Color Sanding' on the web to get the detailed version..

Good Luck.

71 2002

90 E30 M3

99 E39 528i