• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NE1 using an Optima battery?

RayC911

They are the only batteries I will purchase for my cars. I have been buying them for the last 10 years or so. They don't leak, corrode or produce any explosive gases and they last longer than a wet acid battery. I have used them both in hot climates (Phoenix) and cold climates (Denver) with great results. IMHO they are well worth the extra expense. I use the Red Top 75/35.

post-333-13667562488735_thumb.jpg

Phil/Bomb Guy in Colorado

2002 E46M3

2002 E46 325 xi

1991 E30 325ix

1970 2002 M2

1966 Mustang

I've had a red top in my Camaro for 6 years. It works without a hitch. My other cars have Interstates including the '02. If you're going to mount it in the trunk, that is what I would use.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

They are the only batteries I will purchase for my cars. I have been buying them for the last 10 years or so. They don't leak, corrode or produce any explosive gases and they last longer than a wet acid battery. I have used them both in hot climates (Phoenix) and cold climates (Denver) with great results. IMHO they are well worth the extra expense. I use the Red Top 75/35.

Ditto.....75/35 in the trunk.

I won't use anything but an Optima. The 02 sits all winter with the battery hooked up (no charger) and never fails to start in the spring. We had one in a Volvo with 250,000 miles that sat outside and it never had a problem starting even when it was 20 below zero. I've had them as long as 8 years (maybe longer) and never have had one die. They're brutes and well worth the cost.

Ditto.....75/35 in the trunk.

ordering my 75/35 tomorrow. thanks

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

Ray- double check with the local Monument Car Parts off San Ramon Valley Rd. They often have them in stock and good prices. Talk to Marty and tell him I sent you.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

I'm using a red top in the front. It's a very good choice - needs less attention and fits well in the original location.

If you are relocating to the trunk, I would suggest looking at the 49dl or 49 series batteries with the vent kit. Even the optimas should have proper ventilation (some 02s are already vented in the trunk by rust), not generally for enclosed air tight spaces. The 49s are rated at 1000 cca and are often used in the trunk of later 3 series. They are large but size is less of an issue in the trunk.

I have had 3 Red Tops in my 3 vehicles and a Yellow top( Former Marine Series) in my boat. I just replaced a very old Red top with a BLUE top( the new "Marine series Optima" in my M325ic, because it has cranking and cold cranking amps very close to the numbers of the Red top, but it has far more amp capacity and ability to cycle. It is the same size as the Red top. The Yellow top has turned-over my diesel after months of non- use and bilge-pump draw. They are incredible batteries. They are worth every penny. Costco( in California) sells Red tops and Blue tops. I have not seen Yellows for a while. You can even get an Optima Red 6 volt, if you still have a 6 volt system. I have also seen Optima Red in various sizes for race and special configuration space uses. Check their website.

1971 Sahara, 1972 Inka tii with Alpina A4 Injection. Both cars have too many upgrades for the "signature" square. 1987 M325ic daily driver( all E30M3 except chassis).

Ray- double check with the local Monument Car Parts off San Ramon Valley Rd. They often have them in stock and good prices. Talk to Marty and tell him I sent you.

Cris

Monument is good but Costco beats them on price, if that is a concern.

71 2002

90 E30 M3

99 E39 528i