• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Folks, here is a beautiful 1800 tisa..

Timmer

My favorite. there were only 50, all produced as factory racers, and all (I think) in this color combination. The best one I have seen is Don Dethelson's which is part of the house collection at The Werkshop (www.thewerkshop.net). He has the original engine (rebuilt and mounted on a stand as a display piece) out and is running a Korman stg2 setup. The original mills were a bit fragile and are impossible to find parts for.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

200 Tisa's built by BMW in 1965. I had #089. I estimate less than 50 remain.

The owner of the pictured Tisa is scouring the planet for a correct steering wheel, so if anyone has one...

1962 BMW 700 Cabriolet "The Mighty Cabriolet"

Neil,

There looked to be a really nice original steering wheel for the Tisa on german ebay a little while ago, large metal horn ring type if I'm right. Leif's tisa is beautiful and Guy's 2000 looks to be in great shape, appears he bought it from the original owner. He's e-mailed me a few times and is pretty stoked about the car, has a 2000 parts car as well. It's nice to see 2 more photos added to the NK site.

Tim

'69 2000

Tisa's came from der factory with a big ol' wood-rimmed wheel, much in the style of a Nardi wheel. The wheels were made in England by Walsall and also used on the Porsche 904.

I was incredibly lucky enough to find a tisa wheel with hub and horn button on German EBay last year. Luck for me the seller didn't know what it was and just listed it as an oldtimer BMW lenkrad.

I would sooner give up a kidney than part with it. Even BMW couldn't find one. The Tisa that was on display in Spartanburg has the incorrect wheel.

1962 BMW 700 Cabriolet "The Mighty Cabriolet"