• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LOW PROFILE TIRE

o2obsessed

185/70x13" should be your only choice

for improved handling, steering, ease of turning while

parking, speedo accuracy. Search Tire Rack

for 1/2 dozen choices.

yo_avid_t4_ci2_l.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

OK, hear me out on this one. Unless you're into the bling bling gotta have my 20's scene, and don't care about ride, skip anything under a 50 series tire for everyday driving.

All that happens is you end up curb rashing the sh*t out of your wheels, and the 2002 is such a light car you'll hate the ride on too low a profile.

Personally I like 185*60*14, or 195*60*14, but the 185's make a nicer driving experience.

FWIW

-----------

BigDog

'76 2002

ill throw my 02 cents in...

i LOVE my 195/50s... stretched on 15x7.5" wide rims they offer razor-sharp turn-in and stability. ride is great with bils hds and cut stock red-dot springs (from a 73). plus i love my ronals even tho i *DID* curbrash (lightly) both fronts within a week of each other. (but havent since.) dont drink and park. :P

unless you go to racing slicks. There just isn't much in the way of 'street performance' rubber in 13"...

even the DOT race radials only seem to go down to 13".

That said, a low- profile 13" tire is gonna look TINY!

Now, 15" rims are a different story altoghethererreer

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL