• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pedal box help?

BLUNT

its been awhile since i took this apart and i have pics to show this bolt im in search of appears to have a thin head on it but i cannot find the bolt. it may have got lost at the platers or in between. regardless, can anyone tell me if the bolt that goes thru the clutch master "eye" pictured here is a shoulder bolt or am i missing a bushing?? ive searched real oem but the pics arent real detailed.

pedalbox.jpg

02-1007.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

i just checked. it LOOKS exactly like the hood bolt but the shoulder and threads are bigger. its the same length though.

keep looking through your stash. no bushing needed.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

The 2 bushings are #35 31 4 640 116. They do NOT come with the new clutch master cylinder. Dave's tip of the day;don't toss out the old eye bolt from the old master cylinder. The new ones are cheap and break way early and you can't get them separately.

ive torn 02 junction apart looking for these things to no avail. i will order them up tuesday. if one thing should be stressed about doing a full blown nut and bolt resto its to be over organized and label everything. ive had several instances where i havent been organized enough. thanks for the help

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

It must take two or three nut and bolt restores and three of everything to get it right. I always think I take enough pictures, but there are never enough. Like Jack said in one post, having another specimen to look at is the best way to put one back together.

Just a bit earlier today, I realized the washers that keep the CV joints from sliding toward the inboard side are concave and yes you guessed it, I put one half shaft together with the washers in with the wrong orientation. So instead of a sit down, I had to tear that half shaft apart again just to turn the washers over. Dumb dumb dumb

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Blunt,

You may not have been there in a while, but I see that keith/www.my2002tii.com put up a big-ass table of contents on his site with a recent update (looks like sometime today).

Over there I found the one on the pedal box rebuild. It clearly shows the right bolt/nut you were looking for.

DSCF1925.jpg

As you would guess, his is pretty damn clean.