• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's using an E30M3 oil cooler with their M2?

uxoman

Phil,

One thought would be to run without the oil cooler, and see if you actually need it. I've run my M2 on the track and as a daily driver (in Miami), and never had a coolilng issue, so I've never added one.

Just a thought,

Ian

'76 M2

Ian
'76 M2

'02 325iT

PHIL,ive thought about this and i think in your case its going to be a real bitch with your remote oil filter thrown into the mix. i think youll end up having to run custom lines anyway wont you? im going with an earls 17 row which is about 8x8" and mounting it just to the inside of the passenger headlight. im running a/c so theres no more room in front of the radiator but if you have to adapt your cooler for "an" fittings it may be just as easy to run an aftermarket cooler and braided lines. you may not want to cut metal for the cooler tho. i have no choice. bob at skidmark has a nice pic of his set up and im modeling mine after his

post-180-13667559883967_thumb.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

It's ugly, but the long term plan is to locate an aftermarket cooler per Nick's setup. The reason this one is as shown is that it's cheap. It uses the stock cooler and the factory oil lines with some minor bending. If you're going with AC, I dunno what to tell you. I've seen some folks (non-02) put oil coolers in the fenderwells.

m2front.jpg

MichaelP

BMW_CCA Blue Ridge Chapter

'71 1600

'71 2800CS

'73 3.0CS

'91 318ic

http://www.crismanpetrus.us

It's smaller at 442x65x34mm. I have one here to install, and it should be a lot easier to find a mounting spot than the M3 one. It's smaller size might be just fine for your cooling needs?

Gil

73 02

79 320i (to get an M20 conversion)

It is an Earl's 13 row. I had a remote filter (where the battery was, but that won't work on an S14 conversion) and a thermostat between the filter and the cooler. You can see the coller in the ifrst picture behind the center grill. You can see the remote filter in the second picture and the thermostat was behind the driver's side headlight. It was a cool setup, I think.

oilcooler.jpg

moreoilcooler.jpg