• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spot the BMW connection

On 4/27/2024 at 6:06 PM, visionaut said:

It’s a Frazier-Nash BMW?

“UK agents for BMW arranged coachwork and made modifications, including badging the cars "Frazer Nash BMW".

Oo well done. full marks. go to the top of the class.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Flongstonetyres%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0EL7rTfnFARwS26tbGXwxyu5iYZNCXuVpP5QjZCDnDp83dyD8rY4Zx5QAUPso1GAWl&show_text=true&width=500&is_preview=true" width="500" height="347" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>

here it is again. Im the cheekey up the right hand side 40 seconds in with the bare alluminium boat tail, and Longstone Logo accross the back. This from the Irish Grand Prix Frazer Nash race in 2022 

46 minutes ago, Longstone Tyres said:

👍Nice! I thought the car was too old to be Frazer Nash-BMW.

I tried to fix the link above.

Edited by Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

👍Nice! I thought the car was too old to be Frazer Nash-BMW.

I tried to fix the link above.

Well yes you are right. That is a chain driven Frazer Nash from before Frazer Nash's connection with BMW. Frazer Nash were still making these chain driven cars when they got the UK distributorship for BMW in the UK.

This is a rather fantastic Frazer Nash BMW 328 at our shed for a bit of tyre service with one of your lot.IMG_4107.thumb.JPG.df99e5a1efce73af24871521ab82b071.JPG

• Like 4