• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Bristol 1600-2 need correct Instrument and bezel color

I’ve had a request in for a free build record since early March. In times past, an email would come in a week or less. I finally broke down and ordered the Birth Certificate. I’m just guessing that’s the only way to get an official build record these days.

Regarding discussion about triangular rear bulkhead openings, covered in the factory with the same acella cloth used to seal door cards from door frames—these bulkhead openings were apparently present from the first 1600-2 in 1966, until at least September of 1967. Read below if insomnia strikes! Robert 

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/articles/technical-articles/history-and-reference/open-rear-bulkhead-design-features-on-the-early-bmw-neue-klasse-sedans-and-the-bmw-02-series-r373/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2024 at 4:46 AM, JohnP_02 said:

es, they have a certificate (piece of paper) you have to purchase now. It’s 125€ !!!

You don't say ?

Is the certificate authenticated by a notary from Bavaria ? In addition to being stamped it must be exposed to the notary's flatulation after he has lunched on a healthy meal of sauerkraut, sausage and rye bread and washed it down with German lager. And, the certificate must also have stains from the notary's greasy fingers. Now, it is official with all the correct "Patina" for all you "Provenance" gurus.

It's time to do the dance;

Zundfolge 1342, 1342

Auspuff !

Fahrt ! Fahrt !

Last night my mother made cabbage and vegetables over pork ribs. I ate it with hearty homemade bread and washed it down with a St.Pauli Girl German lager. And, that's how I feel the day after. So, in addition to owning these cars, I have first hand experience with the official certification process.

Fahrt !

Edited by Zak

The requirements for the “Birth Certificate” are similar to those required to get a duplicate “Data Card” for a Mercedes-Benz Pagoda SL. Fill out and sign a BMW Classic order form, including providing copies of proof of ownership of the vehicle such as title,  registration, and purchase contract. All this information is apparently reviewed and verified in Germany, then the applicant is sent an invoice. Once the invoice is paid, the birth certificate is mailed to the applicant.

For our older cars, I sort of doubt we’ll get any more information on the cars as was previously supplied through the simple email process.