• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 BMW 2002 Resto-mod in NC

• cagedbunny changed the title to 1976 BMW 2002 Resto-mod in NC

Just got off the phone with the owner.  A quick look without reading glasses on caused the mix-up here, though I should have run the VIN on the car before posting regardless.  This car is in-fact a 1976.

Now as to the color; the current owner is not the one who rebuilt and painted the car, so I cannot say for certain that it's Colorado or Inka.  It does look closer to Inka to me as well, but we'll just call it Orange for now, until I can get it parked next to another orange 2002.  

As always, thank you to the ever-knowledgeable folks of the FAQ!  One of the best enthusiast groups I've been lucky to be apart of.  

• 2 weeks later...

I live in the area, and would dearly love an excuse to go look at this car.  

I'll be out of town from the 6th to the 10th, but other than that I can make time to eyeball, take pix, etc. 

I'm not a mechanic, but happy to check whatever I can.  I'm known in the E24 community, but not here and this is my first post here in a very long time, so not sure how PM/etc. works. as I appear to be in some kind of provisional status (mod must approve my posts apparently).  If a PM bounces, my screen name is the base of my email, adding the large search company's email for the rest.

1 hour ago, jgerock said:

Is the shifter support platform bolted to the tunnel?  It normally has a brace from the bottom of the transmission.   

It is.  I'm not sure who's 5-speed conversion parts were utilized, but the upper platform has a mounting surface that goes through the side of the tunnel, and that through-bolt is currently loose.  Trans mount/brace itself is all good though, so just the shifter is a bit sloppy at the moment.  Given a little more time, I'll slide under there myself and tighten it up, just haven't had the right combination free time and desire to do so yet.

3 hours ago, M635_Guy said:

I live in the area, and would dearly love an excuse to go look at this car.  

I'll be out of town from the 6th to the 10th, but other than that I can make time to eyeball, take pix, etc. 

I'm not a mechanic, but happy to check whatever I can.  I'm known in the E24 community, but not here and this is my first post here in a very long time, so not sure how PM/etc. works. as I appear to be in some kind of provisional status (mod must approve my posts apparently).  If a PM bounces, my screen name is the base of my email, adding the large search company's email for the rest.

Definitely didn't get a PM on here, but I'll touch base via e-mail.

-Adam

Final price drop to $24k!

If the car isn't re-homed in the next couple weeks, we'll be pulling it off market, making some changes and revisions, and re-listing later this summer for a higher figure. 

If you're wanting a fantastic car to put your finishing touches on, you can't build one for less than this, so act fast!