• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Different Pedal Assembly for 2002 EFI Conversion

...but does it drill lightening holes in your wallet?

heh

t

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Hello All,

I really appreciate the input from everyone. But I didn't see what I was hoping for. Do we have any mechanical engineers on here that I could swap messages with?

Barry

1974 2002 - Fuel Injected, Bored, Balanced
Wide-Body Resto-Mod w/Lots of Goodies!

My sites - 2002BMW.com & HIDupgrades.com

BMW CCA - River City Bimmers

I have swapped email with him last year. He claims it does work well. But I want something in my engine bay that has a more factory look to it, like the pics I posted.

Barry

1974 2002 - Fuel Injected, Bored, Balanced
Wide-Body Resto-Mod w/Lots of Goodies!

My sites - 2002BMW.com & HIDupgrades.com

BMW CCA - River City Bimmers

AVGs throttle arrangement "calms down" the off idle operation.  Mine is like and it is easy going off idle.  A pull straight off the firewall arm below can be twitchy.  Depends on how much street-ability you want.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Hahaha. Jim I too have now idea what I’m doing but , I do know that you know more than do   So I’m going to look closely at your suggestion because I want as much drive ability as possible

2 hours ago, 2002isGuy said:

What do you mean when you say - "calms down" the off idle operation?

Barry

Most probably the throttle valve is bigger than needed.  A slight movement off idle and the engine revs very fast.  The bell crank changes the ratio of % throttle to % gas pedal movement and the car pulls away from a stop mildly instead of a surge.  Surge seems to be what racers want, but is hard on the clutch life.  Experience driving each type and then choose.

Rlding a stud horse is a lot like a car with a wild throttle,  you gotta slap him around the ears with the reins to calm him down..

Edited by jimk

• 4 weeks later...

@2002isGuy.

Here is a picture of the complete throttle rod/cable setup from the pedal rod in the pedal box to the cable to the throttles.

It shows the bell crank assembly made from 2 flatbar pieces bolted together and the bell crank.  The ratio of the legs on the bell crank were dimensioned to provide the pedal to cable pull ratio that suited me.

I removed the entire assemble when I went to a Drive By Wire throttle with the Haltech

20240403_152132.jpg