• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to add Power Steering

lpwalsh

I’ve installed plenty of EPAS units in mustangs and Camaros. I was never really happy with the feel but it does free up potential HP.  
im getting ready to install the epas unit in a 68 mustang this week. Some guys love it, some don’t. Try to drive a epas classic ride at a car meet or cars and coffee and be sure your happy with the feel before ya spend big $ and a lot of time. 🏁🏁🏁

• Like 3

On 2/12/2024 at 3:39 PM, Tulah007 said:

I’ve installed plenty of EPAS units in mustangs and Camaros. I was never really happy with the feel but it does free up potential HP.  
im getting ready to install the epas unit in a 68 mustang this week. Some guys love it, some don’t. Try to drive a epas classic ride at a car meet or cars and coffee and be sure your happy with the feel before ya spend big $ and a lot of time. 🏁🏁🏁

I drove my car all day yesterday, and the no power steering wasnt that bad.  So I think ill do as you said and really assess where im at with this.  If i drive it once a week, maybe this isnt that bad.  

• Like 1

Just be happy that your car doesn't have the much sought after "quick ratio" steering box.  I have one in my '73 and if I don't drive it regularly, I get really sore in the shoulders after a drive.  I needs to pump some more iron 😄

• Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

I had NO idea that such a thing exists, I thought this was a yolk!  I still get a kick out of a neighbor with a '57 T'bird with Power Steering by Armstrong... the short cuts and fills he has to do to get out of his garage always gets a sweat going.... Nowadays the variable assist/variable ratio steering, all electric, makes us forget the good ole days!

• Like 1