• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 2002tii in Northern VA (sale pending, deposit received)

jgerock

Pics from March 2010 when I replaced the oil pump and pan gasket. I made this harder than it should’ve been by leaving the engine in the car.  The one thing I wish this car had was a bolt in battery tray so access to the alternator was easier. I spent lots of time corresponding with and talking to Rob Torres of 2002Haus (along with buying parts from him).  

Thinking back on this, I could’ve left the old pump in had I known the timing chain tensioner piston needed cleaning and bleeding (noisy chain).  I did properly shim the new oil pump during installation.  

IMG_2145.jpeg

IMG_2146.jpeg

IMG_2147.jpeg

IMG_2148.jpeg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Going thru my PB albums, one of the first things I did after buying the car (and a thorough cleaning), was pull the back bumper.  I replaced the rubber impact strip ($$$), over rider rubber pieces and all mounting hardware (all from Maximillian). This was when I learned the 73 only bumper bracket covers were NLA.  Had to be careful with mine.

IMG_2149.jpeg

IMG_2150.jpeg

IMG_2151.jpeg

Jim Gerock

3 hours ago, M3M3M3 said:

having spent hundreds of hours, if not more, working on and driving this car I can say someone will get an outstanding 2002.  The nicest driving street 2002 I know of.

Thanks Marshall!  Your supply of gently used suspension parts, the e21 LSD and countless visits to the backyard workshops have been much appreciated over the years👍👏.

IMG_2153.jpeg

IMG_2154.jpeg

IMG_2155.jpeg

IMG_2156.jpeg

IMG_2157.jpeg

• Like 1

Jim Gerock

More stuff I forgot to tell everyone who is possibly interested in this car.

Car has a new hi/low beam stalk and new turn signal/wiper stalk.  
Emergency brake handle has pivot bearing upgrade.

NO LED lights, all incandescent.

Rebuilt 55 amp tii alternator installed about 2 years ago.

Headliner is old with a few stains, but does not sag.

Sunroof operates properly.

Previous owner added flat front turn signals.

Gauge cluster has separate ground wire to dash metal.

Two sets of keys (door, trunk and gas cap).

Exhaust resonator “pings” after engine shuts off while cooling down. Annoying but not enough to spend $$$ for a new one.

Jim Gerock

5 hours ago, Freude am Fahren said:

Beautiful tii. Maybe I missed it, but why are you selling it Jim? 

It just doesn’t get driven all that much during the year.  Time to move on to the next caretaker.  Yes, I’ll miss it after 17 years, but I need a new project.

Jim Gerock