• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AFR Gauge help

Go to solution Solved by jimk,

I just finished installing my AFR Gauge 30-4110.  The Gauge works fine but I believe needs to be calibrated according per instruction.  I know how but I wouldn't know what to look for.  The Gauge is in default position P0 and shoes 14.5.  In case I need to calibrate do I disconnect the 02 sensor or leave it connected?

TIA  

Screenshot (303).png

Screenshot (304).png

Screenshot (302).png

Typically, 'calibration' is done in free air, everything connected as

it will be when the car's running, but using atmosphere as the test gas.

But that procedure you show is just changing the behavior of the gauge, not  calibrating the gauge to the sensor.

If you're showing 14.5 with the engine not running, something's up with the sensor, the wiring (kinda unlikely) 

or the gauge.  

Me, I'd give AEM a call or a chat.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Bosch LSU 4.9 is calibrated at the factory and does not need any more calibration.

Bosch LSU 4.2 has the free air calibration. 

The data sheet is for when the controller is outputting a 0-5 V signal to an ECU.  The gauge needs no calibration.

• Like 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Leave sensor connected.

Keep your free hand on something attached to the engine and you will feel (as you turn in the screw) when the mixture is leaner than best idle.  You may not be much leaner than what you see. on the gauge at best idle.

• Solution

The white wire is feed to an ECU.  From the question about idle mixture, I understand that you are not using an ECU, so leave the white wire disconnected.