• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear differential cross member - replacement

D.martijn

Hello,

As I finish the replacement of both the rear shocktower panels on my 02 Touring.

I am considering removing the differential cross member since there is some heavier rust on the inside as well.

This is the left side, the right side is in a little worse shape with some heavier rust pitting.

We tried cleaning it out with steel brushes on a long stick as well as chimney cleaning brushes but it's not easy and doesn't give much results.

spacer.png

I was looking online and I found that Restoration design has this panel available.
Has anyone used this panel from them before? Is it any good?

spacer.png

WWW.RESTORATION-DESIGN.EU

Your choice for Porsche parts, panels, wiring harnesses and prekom suspension parts for Porsche 911, 914 and 356

Thanks!

With your fabrication skills i have no doubt that you couldn’t make one from scratch. Take hager brackets from old if needs be. Repair part looks ok so maybe all it takes is just some trimming here and there - maybe not. It will be faster to get it done but…

you wanna make it yourself don’t ya ;)

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91