• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002tii ride height

13 hours ago, Kent Newbold said:

No spacers, i assume the spacers referenced were the type used for transporting from factory to dealers. Perhaps the struts were replaced with wrong size?

The front strut (and rear spring) spacers were intended to be permanent, not solely for shipping. They established appropriate bumper heights required to comply with U.S. crash standards. Euro-spec cars also employed spacers, but I’m un-able to comment if those served the same purpose. There are different size spacers, with later ‘02’s (probably 1974-76) getting larger spacers than the round taillight cars.

As Jim noted above, for most non-ti issues — and a tii issue is not generally a ti-specific issue — you’d get lots more eyes on your posts in the General discussion: far fewer members regularly read the ti-specific discussion.

Below: photo of typical spacers, borrowed from @chad.

Regards,

Steve

IMG_1194.jpeg

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2023 at 8:23 PM, Kent Newbold said:

I recently bought my first 2002tii that seems to be fairly original with a couple of exceptions.. The nose of the car is higher than the rear of the the car, and at I cannot figure out why.  Help!

Kent Newbold

I hope it doesn't break down on you every week