• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ireland Engineering Rear Subframe Mounts

Wallyinc

Has anyone else had this happen to their Ireland engineering Rear Subframe Mounts? These have less than a couple of hundred miles and I have chunks falling off of them evetime I take the car out. I'm about to replace with oem, originally they had looked like this. 

https://www.iemotorsport.com/product/rear-urethane-subframe-mounts-w-housings-2002/

irelandengineeringRearSubframeMounts3.thumb.jpg.cb012b7c7def06bd6f761034d1fc3ec5.jpgirelandengineeringRearSubframeMounts2.thumb.jpg.6b8bf4ffcd2da0da0a0acf9e3f988321.jpgirelandengineeringRearSubframeMounts1.thumb.jpg.0a65cdbb5fa9cbda838e0ad5c3b7a7eb.jpg

BMW-2002-TI-TII-REAR-SUBFRAME-MOUNTS-BUSHINGS-URETHANE-OEM-GENUINE-TURBO-ALPINA-IRELAND-ENGINEERING-MOTORSPORTS-33333428100-scaled-200x200.webp

Edited by Wallyinc
  • Sad 1

Yep, bonding urethane to steel's not trivial.

The engine mounts are classic for this.  Urethane itself isn't all that great

in tension or shear,

especially if it's formed in less- than- ideal conditions.

See if they'll spiff you something that works in place of these.

Call it a test for the 'new and improved' Ireland...

t

• Like 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Thanks for the advice @Einspritz. But I pulled the strap off this morning, its not bent. It's flexing here in the photo because the bushing is failing. It would go back to it's "normal" form when the car was lowered and sitting on the ground as well. 

Edited by Wallyinc

How's your differential mounts? They can sag too.

I've never been a fan of urethane anything as you just don't need it to have good performance.

Consider getting the mounts from a CS (Turbo), left and right, and be done with all the vibration. You'll still be able to keep up with the track cars....

• Like 1