• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SoCal build party🛠️

858slider

8 hours ago, Pablo M said:

No kidding? I'm an Architect, lol.

I agree on a rough plan at least. That way you can plan to do work thats easier before something else goes in/on and makes it harder. Like what can you do before the engine goes in, or the suspension, etc.

Small world! Lol Yes, I understand the need for a plan, I just didn’t want this to be taken too seriously and have fun with this project. As long as I crossed my ts and dot my is of course. I feel like If I treat it like work, I won’t have any fun, my OCD would kick in and I would never get anywhere, anytime soon that is. Not a bad thing, cause I’m a firm believer of attention to detail and the old saying, slow and steady wins the race. So, maybe a little more of a rough plan may be in order. Wish me luck in my project and may the tuning gods forever be in my favor! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 858slider said:

Small world! Lol Yes, I understand the need for a plan, I just didn’t want this to be taken too seriously and have fun with this project. As long as I crossed my ts and dot my is of course. I feel like If I treat it like work, I won’t have any fun, my OCD would kick in and I would never get anywhere, anytime soon that is. Not a bad thing, cause I’m a firm believer of attention to detail and the old saying, slow and steady wins the race. So, maybe a little more of a rough plan may be in order. Wish me luck in my project and may the tuning gods forever be in my favor! 

My method is a white board, task list on one side, parts to order that you know you need but don't have on the other. I break the car into sections, like Hydraulics (brake hard lines, fuel hard lines,...) , Wiring (I start at the dash and work outward), Surfaces (undercoating, sound deadening, anything that goes on before things are installed over them), Glass, Interior. Then I start on Suspension and Drivetrain, since they work together, and Brakes last. The thing that works, if you are detail oriented, is to stick to the section you start and finish it before moving to the next one. Doing one thing and moving to one thing totally unrelated may help boredom, but it also means leaving things undone which makes an OCD head hurt. 

Edited by Furry Camel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Furry Camel said:

My method is a white board, task list on one side, parts to order that you know you need but don't have on the other. I break the car into sections, like Hydraulics (brake hard lines, fuel hard lines,...) , Wiring (I start at the dash and work outward), Surfaces (undercoating, sound deadening, anything that goes on before things are installed over them), Glass, Interior. Then I start on Suspension and Drivetrain, since they work together, and Brakes last. The thing that works, if you are detail oriented, is to stick to the section you start and finish it before moving to the next one. Doing one thing and moving to one thing totally unrelated may help boredom, but it also means leaving things undone which makes an OCD head hurt. 

Furry Camel, this is great approach. I will definitely be doing something like this if not to the t! Many thanks!

Edited by 858slider

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, larry_in_socal said:

That's cool, what you listening to ?  91X ?  Is that what they made garages for ? so that we can wrench when it is raining outside ?

Hope that wrenching is serving you well this weekend.

Haha yeah dude and Rock105.3! Hilarious bro🤙🏼

I’m not able to help with the steering box bolt question as I’ve not taken mine off yet. Looks like you’ve found some good info though. Also, Realoem.com is another good source. I’m looking at your California commercial license plate on  a passenger car. I can tell it’s an old number as mine was 1Y….. on my ‘81 Toyota 22R. Does California allow that now? I know you can register some trucks and SUV’s with passenger plates but, vice-versa? IIRC, 91X was called  “Pirate Radio”(?) when it started? Dating my age even further back was 93.7 KMET (long gone) in LA and it’s competition 95.5 KLOS (still around). You are a much braver/confident soul than I. I don’t want anyone around when things go sideways and have to say, “Pardon my French”.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, R.I.P.B.M.W. said:

I’m not able to help with the steering box bolt question as I’ve not taken mine off yet. Looks like you’ve found some good info though. Also, Realoem.com is another good source. I’m looking at your California commercial license plate on  a passenger car. I can tell it’s an old number as mine was 1Y….. on my ‘81 Toyota 22R. Does California allow that now? I know you can register some trucks and SUV’s with passenger plates but, vice-versa? IIRC, 91X was called  “Pirate Radio”(?) when it started? Dating my age even further back was 93.7 KMET (long gone) in LA and it’s competition 95.5 KLOS (still around). You are a much braver/confident soul than I. I don’t want anyone around when things go sideways and have to say, “Pardon my French”.

Yes, realoem is where I sourced part numbers above. Thanks for the tip tho. Also pic is a replica plate, it’s actually Doc Browns from Back to the future. Lol😁

• Haha 1