• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Electromotive XDi

AceAndrew

Interesting that the company has paused selling. Their list of value added resellers is a possibility, for inventory on their shelves.   https://electromotive.com/dealers/list-of-dealers/

Yet even Nick Forza calls them unavailable, maybe ask what they are doing moving forward and they would maybe know multi cylinder engines (?) https://www.nicksforzaferrari.net/engine-management--direct-coil-ignition-systems.html

Edited by mgben
clarification

Ace,

You are aware that there are few if any "brains"other than Electromotive that can drive the GM style double post coils.  Igniitors or coil charging circuity needed  in the "Brain".  I think a coil base from a GM car can be gutted of it's build in electronics to work with other ECUs.

Edited by jimk

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

@jimk  big caveat: Wiring/electrical is not my strong suit (but putting in a dedicated effort towards learning the basics right now), so i appreciate your input.

From my understanding the megasquirt/megajolt run this setup.  I “think” that the base mount on the DFU (they have a machined base for the coil packs and there is a sealed backside with electrical potting (?) integrates the igniters.

Still hoping to find an XDi but we’ll see..

When you get there, use good plug wires.  I had one burn thru while in the middle of Kansas on way home from the MidAmerica02fest.  The coil was laying a spark from the coil post to the base, that's over 2" of spark.

• Thanks 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

• 1 month later...