• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hot tii parts on BaT

Aaron R

Bring A Trailer has a really rad fuel injection setup for auction right now: 

016c6a5b-6d7f-4469-a5c3-e2f97bac5cb7-191
BRINGATRAILER.COM

Bid for the chance to own a Camshaft, Slide Throttle, and Mechanical Fuel Injection Components for BMW at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #93,173.

Can't wait to see what this brings in the end. I imagine any one of those parts individually is worth a fair pile more than the current bid. Also, BaT's dreadful writing is only getting worse as time goes on. "The belt-driven Kugelfischer mechanical fuel injection pump features an aluminum case and four fuel outlet ports." 

That sentence basically means: the fuel pump features being a pump and provisions for moving fuel. I'll be damned. Who would have thought. 

'74 2002tii 

Maximum honk

"the magnesium inlet trumpet... requires repair"

aka, here's some busted junk...

"The parts are said to have been removed from a car"

Whose car?  hmm.

I can't help thinking that I could assemble an EFI setup for not too much

more than the $1k bid  (less, if you'd let me go to the junkyard) that would

run circles around that.

But, I know, that's not the point.

I do note that the front engine cover and linkage don't seem to be included...

t

not watching.

• Like 3

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

1 hour ago, williamggruff said:

The last pic in the BAT listing indicates the seller has some more goodies in his/her collection. 295B8F7A-2CCD-451F-B80A-161DAAC5AAB4.thumb.png.f064c19a3ea2a863ef0155e6bb9ecb6c.png

No doubt they do. I think the injection setup is pretty cool. My beef, as ever, is with BaT. 

• Like 1

'74 2002tii 

Maximum honk