• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FrigiKing Front Panel Vent Replacement

RMBaiada

I am still looking for and need the FrigiKing front panel AC vents that I posted about two years ago.

I need to replace both of the rectangular vents in my dealer installed FrigiKing AC faceplate for my 1974 BMW.

The current vent shown below is 5.8125" x 2.1875", with small. 25" protrusions on each end to allow the vent to pivot. The current hole for the vent is slightly larger at about 5.9" x 2.375"

Does anyone sell something like this size A/C vent, or know where I might find a suitable replacement? If near the same size, I can also use vents that pivot in a surround with a small lip.

1911891249_AC1.thumb.jpg.0b878f85626387242c7f913eb35558e3.jpg387308162_AC2.thumb.jpg.5b58ff907f824d79401b9891f31f8250.jpg
Edited by RMBaiada

If you're really serious about this, make a cardboard template of the missing grille, and visit your local pick 'n pull with template in hand, and start checking cars.  You just might find something that will fit, or can be made to fit. 

You could even remove the lower one, and fit four eyeball vents in two purpose-made panels; they'd do a lot better job distributing air around the cabin than the original Frigiking vents...

Be creative and see whatcha can find.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Try looking at this.  I was thinking the same thing and found these.  I haven't tried them yet but the dimensions look right.  

Fwiw

WWW.FIXMYAMBULANCE.COM

Select Tech, Inc is a supplier of ambulance remounts, emergency vehicle parts, ambulance parts and new and used ambulances. We also specialize in ambulance replacement parts, ambulance wreck repair, and maintenance.

Hoseli-10.153.02-2T.jpg

• Like 1