• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sun Visor Installation

RMBaiada

I am ready to put my original visors back in my 1974 BMW 2002 (which I purchased new), but unfortunately was not smart enough to install screws before I installed the new headliner to help locate the holes. Now I need to locate the screw holes for the visor pivot point and clip. I found some great photos on BMW FAQ of the visor holes by DanVT (search - Photo request - sun visor mount points), but wanted some additional measurements. I plan to install the clips near the mirror first, and then use that to locate the hole for the visor pivot points.

Can anyone provide the driver side measurement shown in the picture between the left edge of the mirror mount at the headliner to the right edge of the clip, as well as the distance from the top of the rubber window seal to the bottom of the visor clip? I assume the passenger measurements would be the same.

image.thumb.png.20e1532a4645d136a470fa5267b6c22b.png

Edited by RMBaiada

Remove the Mirror.  Take a tape measure and hook it to the edge of the mirror cutout.  Measure 5.25 inches and that should be approximately the position of the first screw hole for the sun visor.  The screw hole is approximately centered with the cutout for the mirror.  Use a pin to probe for the hole.  Both screw holes are the same distance from the edges of the mirror cutout (5.25 inches).  This picture should help with the placement.

Mark92131

IMG_3282.JPG

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)