• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Experience with Rogerstii Turbo Front Spoiler?

I trashed my spoiler hitting a bird or maybe something else on the Targa California rally. I know. Ugh. 

Like everything, they are NLA, so I’m wondering if anyone has experience with the fiberglass reproduction spoiler offered by Rogerstii?

Or even better, maybe someone has a spare OWM part?!  51711831355

Thanks

Greg

January 30, 1973 Agave tii

April 24, 1974 Chamonix Turbo (German delivery)

8 hours ago, wkohler said:

First I’m sorry to hear that!!

I think the one they offer is the same as the Ireland one.  How bad is yours?  Might be worth seeing if it could be repaired? 

Chris, 

I sent you a photo. A chunk is missing…

I have a fiberglass spare that I bought eons ago and at which time the OE part was NLA. It is NOT the injected fiber product but hand laid fiberglass with gel coat on the "outside", and doesn't seem as robust. have never installed it, but noted that the "raw" side which attaches to the body will need to be smoothed and fitted to fit the nose and the roughness of the back side is a bit "unfinished". Now, you could spray gel coat over that, then sand to a smooth finish replicating (sort of) the OE finish.

And yet, I have repaired my OE several times with reinforcing the lower lip for extra protection in the event of "mammal strikes".

Send me a picture too and if you can't find someone locally to repair it, or are not familiar with fiberglassing, I am willing to help.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Einspritz said:

I have a fiberglass spare that I bought eons ago and at which time the OE part was NLA. It is NOT the injected fiber product but hand laid fiberglass with gel coat on the "outside", and doesn't seem as robust. have never installed it, but noted that the "raw" side which attaches to the body will need to be smoothed and fitted to fit the nose and the roughness of the back side is a bit "unfinished". Now, you could spray gel coat over that, then sand to a smooth finish replicating (sort of) the OE finish.

And yet, I have repaired my OE several times with reinforcing the lower lip for extra protection in the event of "mammal strikes".

Send me a picture too and if you can't find someone locally to repair it, or are not familiar with fiberglassing, I am willing to help.

Thanks!  Will do. 

I’m thinking of installing a sacrificial aftermarket spoiler and keeping an OWM spoiler on the shelf…

Greg

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks. I bought one as well. I haven’t unwrapped it completely but noticed the back side is rough fiberglass, not smooth like the original. 

• Like 1