• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me ID these seat rails? Maybe Recaro?

BarrettN

I picked up a set of seat rails in a package deal on some 02 parts - I'm trying to identify what they are, but even with being able to read the numbers painted on them (860905 & 860906) Google doesn't turn up anything on them. The seller stated that they're Recaros, and they look similar to some rails in a car I have that I'm told are  Recaros, but they might be for a later model or even non-BMW application. Anyone recognize them?

20211119_205452.jpg

Thanks, 

Barrett 

Edited by BarrettN

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii

Later aftermarket (could be recaro -need more pics to tell exactly). Earlier ones had a different layout where the upper part is wider than the lower.

Is there a stamping "CRH"

Scheel are different

Edited by uai

I've got a set that looks just like that bolted to the bottom of my Recaro LSC right now.  I fabricated a mount to adapt it to my car, but as general sliders they work nice.  Now that I think about it, that slider might have been from my old Recaro Idealsitz factory option type seat.  Regardless, had the right holes for the bottom of the seat for me.

I've got a Scheel sitting down stairs as well.  If you get the measurements for the hole spacing on the top part where it bolts to the seat I'm sure the hive mind can figure out what seats they fit.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Sorry guys, no need to investigate further.
It's not a pre 73 Recaro 

It's not a 74/75 OE Recaro

It's not a Scheel

It's an aftermarket or Opel Reacro OE (NOT BMW or Porsche OE Recaro)  slider

I have about 50 pairs of sliders lying around and know my seats very well

Edited by uai
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BarrettN said:

they're not going to be particularly useful. 

I dunno, Barrett... they look identical to the ones under the Scheel in my ‘72. I bet they could be modified to work, if nothing else. 

Ed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

5 hours ago, BarrettN said:

Nicely enough the parts package was priced where in reality these didn't cost me anything, but it is helpful to know that they're not going to be particularly useful. 

1 hour ago, zinz said:

I dunno, Barrett... they look identical to the ones under the Scheel in my ‘72. I bet they could be modified to work, if nothing else. 

Ed

Literally take them apart and drill relevant holes then bolt together.

I knew the hive mind would know the answer.  :)

• Thanks 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.