• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody running 245/40/15?

Dudeland

I searched but couldn't find if anybody is running a 245/40/15.  I did see a post from 2009 on a 50 series 245, but not a 40.   Just trying to see what is going to work with my flairs. I have 9" tires, but stretches on them (195/50/15) which suck and are dangerous (IMHO).  Don't know the offset, I haven't measured it yet. 

I have a "wheelrite" that I am going to use, but real world experience is always better.   I can adjust the height, and run 1cm spacers on all four corners with arp wheel studs from I.E. 

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Percy-s-01201-Wheelrite,6761.html?sku=91065475&utm_medium=CSEGoogle&utm_source=CSE&utm_campaign=CSEGOOGLE&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvP6ABhCjARIsAH37rbT-e3ZJ6k6dASRJCpCN0IZxC2uMIPDbdGQn02OHHShvNpPWXrAVfnYaAsrOEALw_wcB

Thanks in advance. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

According to tire rack a 195/50r15 has a section with of 7.9" and a 245/40r15 has a section width of 9.8". That's a difference of almost 2 inches. It sounds like your wheels ate 9" wide, so they should fit the wheels but might be tight in the wheelwell.

• Like 1

I run 225/45/15 on 15 x 7 rims about 25mm offset.

Was pondering a stagger with 245/45/15 or 40 never did it but they would fit. The round sidewall helped my stiff set up. My stock steel fenders front and rear were stretched hard before paint and everything clears. Not sure what width rim this calculator uses. 

⁠Tire Size Calculator⁠⁦‪tiresize.com‬⁩.webloc

Edited by gary32