• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will 6x13 ET28 fit narrow body without rolling?

Djthom

Hi All

I apologize in advance for yet another wheel offset question but I wasn't able to find in archives.  

Will a 6x13" ET28 wheel fit a narrow body tii without rolling lips or otherwise rubbing?

I often have passengers and gear for car events, and the PO installed lower springs so I want to err on the side of caution before moving forward

Thanks

Darren

Difficult to say definitively, but ET28 is pretty good but tire size is also a determining factor.... 205/60 is unlikely to fit. 185/70 on a 6 inch rim is quite tight. 

Andrew

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight 

Yes, if you fit a proper-sized tire on the 6” wheel. 

Given the offset on the proposed new wheel is only 1mm different that the OE 5” et29 rim , the new wheel will have its 1” greater width evenly split between the inside and outside, and there’s definitely room for 1/2” more to both the outside and inside clearance-wise.

Edited by visionaut
  • Like 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com