• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roll Up Windows

RMBaiada

I am rebuilding my 1974 BMW 2002 (VIN 4223665 ), which I purchased new in 1974, and getting closer to the finish. I am now working on the roll up windows and need the following parts?

1. On the outside of the roll up window, I have the long aluminum trim piece, but need the part numbers of the 2 rubber strips (one small under the vent window and one long under the roll up window) pinched into the trim (which I assume I can replace). The came out easily.

2. I also need the he part numbers of the u shaped felt piece that slides on to the long aluminum trim piece (L & R).

3. Finally, I need the u shaped felt guide piece that slides into the track at the front edge of the roll up window.

I couldn’t find the part numbers and I am hoping that these are still available.

So far, I have installed the fully reconditioned drive train, electrics, all the mechanicals, 14” powder coated 320 wheels, new tires, new electric fan, AC condenser, new radiator, dashboard (with Dash Cap), headliner, the windshield/rear window and Malaga paint. The doors/hood/trunk are painted and the interior is complete, all waiting to be installed. Also, the engine is ready to start after a full rebuild and is just waiting for the engine builder to make it happen.

Any help is appreciated.

Michael

Michael

Some replies:

Most if not all the parts you seek are available from Blunttech and/or Maxmillian.  The folks there will know exactly what you need.  If you'd like to look up the part numbers, go to realoem.com--it's essentially an on-line factory parts book.

I have done columns on reinstalling both the rubber gaskets and glass for the rear quarter windows, the rubber wipe strips for the door glass and the felt U-channel that the glass goes up and down in.  PM me if you'd like copies.  

As for the vent window rubber seal--check the archives for how-to's on that project.  I've not had to replace mine, so have never done a column about that particular task.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite