• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

13" Tires

LHCTii

14 hours ago, Longstone Tyres said:

Some people don't care about the look. But it is never a bad thing is it?

But surely everyone cares about the handling?

Some people don't care about the look nor the handling, some do, some looks, some not, some handling, some not!

Let's kill this thread as the original poster asked about 165 R70-13 size tires, and hasn't responded to any of the comments. Go buy some Achilles tires on Amazon.

• Haha 1

Well, I for one dont really like the "look"  but I like "handling" just fine of course.

however,I rarely drive these days to the cars limits (which are beyond my own)

Most trips would be into town, runs  to the Dari Mart and occasionally to the coast or Portland. 

I also like utilizing the last 50 years of technological improvement and advances in tire design/composition.

A trade off? Compromise? Of course, most things are. I'm cool with that?

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

"Some people don't care about the look nor the handling, some do, some looks, some not, some handling, some not!

Let's kill this thread as the original poster asked about 165 R70-13 size tires, and hasn't responded to any of the comments. Go buy some Achilles tires on Amazon."

I don't really understand:

The bassis to the original question is: what are the best tyres? (OK Tires for some people)

to which the answer certainly isn't "go and buy some Achillies on Amazon."

I think to the majority of people 'best' is determined by what is the best handling, In which case it would be CN36. 

If the question had been "which are the cheapest tyres", then yep maybe Amazon might be the answer. But i do think most people do think about the handling.

The other element to the origial question was in relation to 13" tyres being more difficult to get. The days when 185/70R13 was an extremely popular tyre size have long gone. I would guess it was one of the most popular tyres sizes in the UK in the 1980s every Vauxhall Cavalier and Ford Cortina fitted 185/70R13. Now when you nip down to your local tyre shed they don't tend to have them on the shelf, so you are in the relms of buying a tyre on line that needs posting to you, just like buying off of Amazon. So if you are going down that route then why not get some proper service of someone who understand what they are selling.

This is Pirellis classic tyres site. It lists all the world wide dealers https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/car/collection

(Don't get me going on Amazon)