• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 1602

killerkiko

Price: $9500

Description:

I have a chamonix 1600 Im not sure if its really "for this crowd" but i dont really have space in my house, or in my life for this car anymore

PICS https://imgur.com/a/SKchh2Y

VIDEOS of car starting at bottom of pics page

2.0 from an 02 in it (I have the original 1.6 in a wooden crate, unknown condition)

Replica turbo flares

Rear sidemarker delete

paint about 6 - 7 years ago

headrestless seats

black interior drivers seat has tears, 

cracked not good dashboard

eta beta lucy wheels ( i have 8 origninal steelies and 4 hubcaps)

air ride suspension (this is the part i think most here will flinch at) 5 gallon tank in trunk

skinny us speck euro looking bumpers, front is removed, but i still have it

duckbill foam spoiler (i dont remember which brand) never installed on this car 

air cooler that was color matched to car

4 speed manual, grinds 1st gear from what i remember

ST sway bar front installed, rear swaybar not installed (i do have it somewhere)

ooh, another thing you guys might not like, i have i think most of the original belt line trim, but whats on the car is stick on trim (though it looks reeeeealy good)

interesting vintage steering wheel, i have the original somewhere too

basically no rust that i have ever seen, car was supposedly an AZ and Cali car its whole life

unknown miles

I havent driven it in over 4 years, she has been sitting in the garage

Price is definitely or best offer. 

I can take more current pics, and pics of more angles. she looks basically the same, just very dusty, and she has a front lip spoiler now.

ynhkakH.jpg

JCqxKD3O.jpg

hEhLOe2.jpg

Edited by killerkiko
  • Like 2

Step 1: Can you get the engine to turn over, with or without the assistance of the starter? If so, more money.

Step 2 (only if the answer to Step 1 is “yes”): Can you get it to start? If so, more money.

Step 3 (only if the answer to Step 2 is “yes”): Can it be driven around the block? If so, more money.

So, depending on your answers to these questions, there’s quite a range of values....

Regards and GLWS,

Steve

• Like 2

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

39 minutes ago, Conserv said:

Step 1: Can you get the engine to turn over, with or without the assistance of the starter? If so, more money.

Yes, starter works fine, motor turns over

Step 2 (only if the answer to Step 1 is “yes”): Can you get it to start? If so, more money.

Yes, but there seems to be a fuel leak somewhere. It seems like the rubber hose leading to the carb.I have started her this week just to make sure.

Step 3 (only if the answer to Step 2 is “yes”): Can it be driven around the block? If so, more money.

Yes, i moved the car to its current location from down the street about a year ago, so i know she will move under her own power.

So, depending on your answers to these questions, there’s quite a range of values....

Regards and GLWS,

Steve

Edited by killerkiko
  • Like 1

Thanks for the questions @Conserv Its kind of emotional to even think about selling, so i didnt even think about these sorts of questions. I appreciate it. Any other good questions like this?

My plan is this weekend to take better pictures, and maybe video of the car running.

Edited by killerkiko
  • Like 1

Based on what I see, your car is an early 1969 1600 with the single circuit brakes and the long neck diff. It's a transitional year for the 1600. The Vin # will confirm this. It's visible in one of the pics. Maybe somebody here can look up the exact month of manufacture in 69.

It appears pretty clean, but the hood is not from an early car. It's from a later year. Outward appearance is the same as early, but the support structure underneath is different.

Your front kidney grille appears to be mounted upside down. That's an easy fix. The grilles appear to be in very nice shape which is a big +.

The sheet metal on the nose or front apron appears to be in very nice shape with the nice sharp crease down the middle. A lot of these cars have blunted noses from accidents, etc.

The rear bumper is from a 66-67 1600.

Somebody installed an electric fuel pump and a Weber 2bl carb.

The dash is a one piece unit from a later car (74-76), The original 69 dash is a three piece.

The exterior mirror is from a later year.

That air ride suspension or whatever you call it has got to go. I don't think anybody here will want it. It;s just extra work to remove it. I suggest you remove it and sell it to the air ride suspension crowd. The same goes for the sir cooler.

The body appears pretty solid.

Slavs

Edited by Slavs

9 hours ago, Slavs said:

Based on what I see, your car is an early 1969 1600 with the single circuit brakes and the long neck diff. It's a transitional year for the 1600. The Vin # will confirm this. It's visible in one of the pics. Maybe somebody here can look up the exact month of manufacture in 69.

It appears pretty clean, but the hood is not from an early car. It's from a later year. Outward appearance is the same as early, but the support structure underneath is different.

Your front kidney grille appears to be mounted upside down. That's an easy fix. The grilles appear to be in very nice shape which is a big +.

The sheet metal on the nose or front apron appears to be in very nice shape with the nice sharp crease down the middle. A lot of these cars have blunted noses from accidents, etc.

The rear bumper is from a 66-67 1600.

Somebody installed an electric fuel pump and a Weber 2bl carb.

The dash is a one piece unit from a later car (74-76), The original 69 dash is a three piece.

The exterior mirror is from a later year.

That air ride suspension or whatever you call it has got to go. I don't think anybody here will want it. It;s just extra work to remove it. I suggest you remove it and sell it to the air ride suspension crowd. The same goes for the sir cooler.

The body appears pretty solid.

Slavs

The dashboard has a dash cover on it, one of those hard plastic ones. Its a three piece dash underneath that cover .